A Neighbourhood Plan for Winthorpe and Langford
Dear residents of Winthorpe and Langford,
We are looking to build a Neighbourhood Plan for our Parish (Winthorpe with Langford) and would be really interested in your input and views.
The main reasons for putting a plan of this kind together are:
1) To capture the essence of the character and values of the locality in which we live
2) To influence the type of any future development of, and investment in, our local community in order to ensure it conforms with the character and aspirations of the residents, both for today and the future.
To this end, if you have an interest or opinion in the wellbeing of our community, we would like to invite you to register this by emailing the Parish Clerk (email@example.com) with your insights, views and areas of expertise/interest – or just an expression of interest.
Further correspondence will be forthcoming on this topic, which is clearly of relevance to all of us, but we wanted to give you an early “heads up” and opportunirty to register your interest to participate in the future direction of our villages.
Winthorpe with Langford Parish Council
ADULT GYM EQUIPMENT IN WINTHORPE
The Parish Council are looking to install Adult Gym for outdoor use at the Community Centre.
The Council would be grateful if you would complete the survey below and give your views on the proposal.
Please follow the link below
DRIVE IN FIREWORK DISPLAY - NEWARK SHOWGROUND
On Saturday 19 December 2020, the Showground are hoping to host a Drive In Firework Display (alternative date from the cancelled 8 November date).
The timings are anticipated to be as follows:
1600: Gates open onto Red Gate Runway (Air Museum Gates)
1730: Fire Work display
1815: Fireworks Finish
1900: Site Cleared
Maintenance Works A46/A1 Interchange
Works to take place for 1 month from 6 November 2020 until early December
Works will be between 9:00pm and 6:00 am Monday to Friday and some weekends
Varous planned road closures during the above working times
Contractors are Eurovia
Contact is Jon Patton on 07957 966 489
NEWARK AND SHERWOOD FREE TREE SCHEME
The district council’s free tree scheme is back for a second year!
Residents in Newark and Sherwood can now apply for up to two free trees this Autumn.
This year you can choose from Goat willow (Salix caprea) and Rowan (Sorbus aucuparia).
To apply, simply complete the free tree application form on the above link before November 8.
Nottinghamshire Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme
Aim: to step up efforts in delivering high-speed broadband to the most rural areas of the county.
We are contacting this council specifically as we understand that there are areas within this parish which could benefit from this scheme, and we would value your support in engaging your local community. This may be the best opportunity for areas with poor connectivity.
What is it?
The Government’s Existing Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme:
Through this voucher scheme, rural homes and businesses with broadband speeds of less than 100Mbps, which are not in any existing government funded plans for an upgrade, can apply for the vouchers worth up to £1,500 per home and up to £3,500 for each small and medium-sized business (SME) to help support the cost of installing new gigabit capable broadband connections.
Nottinghamshire County Council’s Top-Up:
NCC is investing £750,000 to ‘top-up’ the Government’s existing scheme. This will double the existing voucher value, meaning that homes could now claim up to £3,000 per voucher, with the extra £1,500 per voucher from NCC. Small and medium businesses in rural Nottinghamshire could now claim up to a maximum of £7,000 funding per voucher, with the additional £3,500 from Nottinghamshire County Council.
How does it work?
- · Funding is issued on a first-come, first-served basis
- · It is a Group Scheme model and so will require collaborative working within the community
- · Interested parties would use the relevant website (provided below) to check eligibility and register their details with their preferred supplier
- · The group would then be presented with a first quotation. At this stage no financial commitment is required, but allows the group to see whether the available subsidy from the voucher scheme covers the cost
- · If contribution from the group is required on top of the voucher subsidy, the chosen supplier would discuss the options available.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions regarding the Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the digital connectivity team will be in touch.