WINTHORPE COMMUNITY CENTRE
Conditions of hire (Community Centre)
1. Winthorpe Community Association hereby nominates the HIRER as the person responsible for being in charge of, and on the premises, during the term of this letting.
2. HIRING FEES. An invoice for the full hire charge will be issued on approval of the booking for payment not less than 14 days before the period of hire. Should the invoice not be paid by 14 days before the period of hire the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled by the hirer
3. The HIRER shall indemnify the Executive Committee for the cost of repair of any damage that should occur to any part of the property, including the curtilage thereof, or contents of the building, or to any adjoining property, during the period of hiring. The hirer reserves the right to add a £75 refundable damage deposit to the hire charge. This shall be paid with the hire charge 14 days before the period of hire and returned within 7 days of the period of hire. The cost of any additional cleaning as stated in condition 18 or the cost of repair to any damage to premises caused by the hirer shall be deducted before the return of the deposit if the costs exceed the damage deposit the hirer shall be liable for the additional costs .
4. NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.
5. HIRERS are asked to remove any waste, surplus packaging etc created by themselves from the Centre when leaving. It would be appreciated if Hirers would leave any furniture in the Centre as they found it on arrival.
6. THE HIRER, during the period of hire, must be familiar with and carry out the fire and health and safety procedures detailed on the notice in the foyer, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to prevent obstruction of the highway and in particular ensure that no nuisance in the way of noise is caused to the occupants of nearby dwellings.
7. THE HIRER shall be responsible for ensuring that there is no interference with persons hiring other parts of the premises.
8. THE HIRER shall not sub-let, without prior approval of the Executive Committee, or use the premises in any unlawful way or bring onto the premises anything, which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
Any hirer needs to ensure that they have adequate insurance for the type of event that they are running.
The Community Centre carries full public liability insurance in respect of the use of the premises by the hirer, this does not cover the activities carried out by the hirer on the premises. The community centre is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to any person caused by the hirers activities to any person or any goods
9. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining all licences that may be needed, whether for the consumption of intoxicating liquor or otherwise, and for the observance thereof and of all other regulations appertaining to the premises. The requirements of the Premises Licence, posted on the notice board and on the web site must be complied with.
10. THE HIRER shall if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
11. THE HIRER shall be responsible for ensuring that any electrical equipment brought onto the premises is safe and has a valid Portable Appliance Test certificate.
12. IN THE CASE OF HIRING INVOLVING THE SALE OF GOODS including Jumble Sales, the name and address of the hirer's organisation must be properly displayed.
13. NO NAKED FLAMES or anything that might be a fire hazard are allowed on the premises eg. Candles, tea lights.
14. NO BIKES, SCOOTERS, SKATEBOARDS OR ROLLER BLADES ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING.
15. NO STUDS ON BOOTS are allowed anywhere in the building with the exception of the changing rooms.
16. THE HIRER must not use drawing pins, tape, or anything else that might mark/damage the appearance of the building to hang notices, balloons or decorations (which must be fire retardant) on any part of the structure of the Centre. If notices etc are to be displayed, the Hirer must use the noticeboards provided. No materials or equipment shall be used that may damage the floor or other parts of the building.
17. PARTY POPPERS, metallic confetti/decorations shall not be used in the building; the dye indelibly stains the floor when wet. SMOKE MACHINES shall not be used, as they will activate the fire detection system. Helium Balloons are not permitted in the large hall
18. THE HIRER at the end of each hire period, shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless otherwise directed, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. Lighting, cooking and electrical equipment must all be turned off and all cutlery and crockery washed up and put away. Any equipment or other items brought on to the premises by the hirer must be removed at the end of the hire period unless express permission to do otherwise has been given by the Bookings Secretary prior to the event. If the premises are left in a condition necessitating other than routine cleaning by the cleaner a charge of £20/hour of the cleaner's time will be made.
19. IN THE EVENT of the Community Centre or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Executive Committee shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever except for the refund of any fees paid in advance
20. No animals, other than Guide Dogs for the Blind, are allowed on the premises without the express permission of the Bookings Secretary.
21. The Management Committee shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that patrons awaiting entry to the premises, or leaving the premises, do not cause annoyance, or nuisance, to any other person in the vicinity of the premises.
22. If the premises and their contents are treated without reasonable care and respect the Executive Committee may decide not to accept further bookings from the hirer responsibility.
23. The HIRER must ensure that vehicles used by those attending the event are parked on the car park and not left outside the gate. The gate will be locked at midnight and reopened the following morning at approx. 8.00am.
24. Fire Exits must be kept clear at all times during the period of hire
25. All music played must be stopped no later than midnight and the premises vacated no later than 1am.
26. The HIRER must not set off fireworks at the Community Centre.
27. On making a booking for the centre, the hirer will need to have acknowledged with the booking secretary that they have read the terms and condition of hire.