Aim: to step up efforts in delivering high-speed broadband to the most rural areas of the county.
We are contacting this council specifically as we understand that there are areas within this parish which could benefit from this scheme, and we would value your support in engaging your local community. This may be the best opportunity for areas with poor connectivity.
What is it?
The Government’s Existing Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme:
Through this voucher scheme, rural homes and businesses with broadband speeds of less than 100Mbps, which are not in any existing government funded plans for an upgrade, can apply for the vouchers worth up to £1,500 per home and up to £3,500 for each small and medium-sized business (SME) to help support the cost of installing new gigabit capable broadband connections.
Nottinghamshire County Council’s Top-Up:
NCC is investing £750,000 to ‘top-up’ the Government’s existing scheme. This will double the existing voucher value, meaning that homes could now claim up to £3,000 per voucher, with the extra £1,500 per voucher from NCC. Small and medium businesses in rural Nottinghamshire could now claim up to a maximum of £7,000 funding per voucher, with the additional £3,500 from Nottinghamshire County Council.
How does it work?
- · Funding is issued on a first-come, first-served basis
- · It is a Group Scheme model and so will require collaborative working within the community
- · Interested parties would use the relevant website (provided below) to check eligibility and register their details with their preferred supplier
- · The group would then be presented with a first quotation. At this stage no financial commitment is required, but allows the group to see whether the available subsidy from the voucher scheme covers the cost
- · If contribution from the group is required on top of the voucher subsidy, the chosen supplier would discuss the options available.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions regarding the Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme please contact email@example.com and a member of the digital connectivity team will be in touch.